Hello, everyone! This is my first ever blog post. The inspiration to write a blog has been in my mind and heart for quite a while now, and I believe it's the Holy Spirit who has been nudging me to do this. I've been learning so many lessons ever since I began living in two places nearly seven years ago, and I can't keep silent about how the Lord has been so good to me.
Now about the title of this post.
"Living differently by God's design." I think these five words kinda sum up how my life has become. God has ordered my life in a way I've never imagined and never planned...it has become my "new normal"...oh wait...it has already become my normal.
So how is my life different?
1. I live in two places — the city and the country
2. I live a commuter lifestyle, having to ride planes often (buses before I had a child)
3. I distance-manage the office (based in the city) when I'm in the countryside
4. I homeschool our five-year-old when I'm in the countryside
5. My son and I are away from my husband for several days a week when I'm in the city
OK, maybe that doesn't sound so different. Or maybe it does. Whatever the case, this is how God has allowed my life to be designed at the moment, and I'm happy to be discovering the bigger picture. A passage from the Bible comes to mind: "Indeed, everything is ordered to your benefit..." (2 Corinthians 4:15, NAB unrevised). Amen: Everything that I've experienced and that has happened in my life thus far has been for my good (even if I didn't think so at particular times!).
That ends my very first blog post. Now to munch on some chocolate-covered macadamia nuts....
Till the next blog...may God bless you!